From: Ed Berris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sep 14, 2003 5:49 PM
To: Jack Womack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Legionair Questions

The idea that rules for Nostalgia class would be enforced at the level that
Jack Iafret states seems quite silly.  Isn't the idea of a Nostalgia class
to bring fun to those fliers that appreciate the older STYLED aircraft and
like a  more relaxed flying experience?

It seems that all hobbies have those that like making and enforcing rules
just a little too much.  What possible difference could a boom made from
aluminum, fiberglass or carbon make.

I remember going to a vintage car club meeting where photos of beautifully
restored cars were being shown.  There was a small group of members who were
critical of a particular car because the bolts used under the hood were not
the exact ones used in the year that car was produced.  Another car was down
graded by these same fellows because the color of the car was slightly off
from the color charts for that year.

I remember thinking these guys are way too serious.  Here were these
beautiful 1930's vintage cars and instead of appreciating seeing them
restored and being driven they were put off by these small "inaccuracies".

Jack, you may be the keeper of the rules but I have a feeling that some day
someone might just tell you to keep your set of rules.  Frame them, have
them embroidered on your pillow case or have the rules painted on your
walls.  But for me and a lot of other guys like me we'll build the
re-introduced Legionair and other designs with some updates that make a
great model even better.   We'll have our own NOSTALGIA class.  After all
Jack, the idea is to have fun. Right?
Ed