> The weight of the BOT is around 60 oz. or 3.75 lbs.  The rubber
> should have a cross section (unstretched) of around 0.1 sq. in.  That
> weight of rubber is usually described by words like "standard", "3
> meter", "L" or "heavy duty".

A good rule of thumb is that the rubber should have a tension equal to
3 to 5 times the weight of the plane being launched.
The variable is the strength of the plane. A strong composite plane can
probably take up to 8 times it's weight in pull, but do you really want that?
My 2m comp. rubber would be about right for a semi fragile 3.6lb plane because
it has about 12lbs of pull at a medium stretch. If you normally fly
with a bunch of guys with 3m and you also fly 3m planes, you will probably
want the 3m tubing to be more versatile, but you may not be able to stretch
it as far with the fragile plane and may not make it to the top of the launch if you
under stretch the rubber.
Again, I will wait and listen to the "sages" on the list who have experience
with the BOT.

Mark Mech
www.aerofoam.com