Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Well its been quite a mixed emotional weekend. I've just returned from
helping a friend evacuate his home from the fires that are raging here in
San Diego county! Some how after the fact  it just doesn't feel as good
getting excited about the Santa Ana winds that fueled Parker Mnt for our PBs
and some amazing DS conditions when they are also continuing to fuel these
devastating fires here in SD county!
Anyway here are some specifics on the day...
Doug Rubin,Jason Lilly and myself decided to head to Parker to see if we
could catch some of the Santa Ana wind conditions that were happening in
SoCal. We had a new radar gun(A Decatur Prospeed CRK-1) and some fresh DS
planes and hopes for some new personel best. We left San Diego at daybreak
knowing the winds would probably be good early. There was some smoke and ash
in the air and some rumors of a fire that had started up near Ramona when we
left town. We arrived at the top about 10:00am. I took a wind speed reading
and was getting a steady 40-45mph with one gust reading 52 mph. The first to
go up were some regular glass versions of the Opus W . Right away we found
the speeds and DS circles were huge and the turbulence not as bad as
expected for those wind speeds normally. The glass Opus's started to flutter
really bad at the 150-160 mph range typical for these planes. I was still a
little apprehensive about tossing my new carbon DS Opus so I decided to toss
my Nemesis out to warm up a little more. The energy was amazing. I was
dumbstruck at how fast you could build up speed and how much bigger the
circles were than normal . The little Nemesis started really moving. I was
able to maintain speeds in the 155-165 mph range and then was rewarded with
some 170s and then a top speed of 175 mph. After this flight I realized how
fast It really was out there. My buzz was slightly deflated when I dorked my
landing and blew the tail off my Nemesis. After that Doug got motivated and
tossed out his Mach Dart. He was Quickly able to get a 147mph and then his
wing ripped of the fuse. The fuselage shot like a torpedo way down and into
the side of the hill. After this the wind dropped to 30-40mph and I realized
it was time to give the Carbon Opus a try.This was the Opus W with the swept
tips full carbon version from RC-Direct. I tossed out the plane and spent
about 10 minuites trimming the plane and getting the crow set. Luckily the
CG was perfect and the plane felt pretty solid. I then dove to the backside
and was amazed at the energy! Speeds of 150 and above were achievable on the
first 2 turns! I don't remember the excact sequence of events but I remember
some 180s then 190s breaking 200 and then a 220 . The plane at this point
felt rock solid and showed no signs of flutter or unhappiness. I popped out
and took a quick breather to calm my shaky knees from all the excitement. I
then went back in for some more. I  think it built up to a 211 then 216 and
then 232mph. Doug then after knowing  the record was broken yelled stopped
reading the radar gun, I then went about 2-3 more circles and then with no
warning at all the wing folded and broke right in half. The fusalage kept
going full speed way up high and over the hill and probably ended up at
Acton somewhere. I ran out front and tried to follow it but it just faded
into the distance never to be seen again. I was dumbstruck at that point. I
never thought me or the plane was capable of going that fast.
 Later Doug then decided it was time to give his DS Cohen a try. He was able
to get a PB of 183mph but the plane was getting a nasty flutter of some sort
at about 175  so he landed it to give it a inspection before anything nasty
happened.
The wind was starting to settle a little and Jason decided it was time to
give his DS Opus a try. He trimmed his plane out on the front side for a
while and then started DSng and managed to pull off a PB of 183mph!
 Pat Bowman had showed up a little earlier and I gun'ed him with his JW in
the 120-130mph range.I talked with him for a while and he had also been up t
here Fri. & Sat. He said that Saturday was even better and he was able to
get a 150mph with his JW!
Jason then let me DS his carbon Opus some more. I was able to get some more
200 + speeds but was afraid to push any harder for fear of killing his
plane. Jason was also kind enough to let Doug fly his plane.Doug was then
able to get a PB of 194mph.Then in his quest to become a 200mph club member
found a rotor on the bottom turn and ran out of elevator and augered it in
at 180+ completely destroying the plane:(
By then the wives were calling and telling us about how badly the fires had
spread and we decided to cut our losses and head home.
We listened to the radio on the way home and found out how serious and
devastating the fires had spread to in San Diego county. That kind of took
the wind out of our sails on our Parker high.
We all got PBs and had a great time but Parker didn't give it up without
taking its toll on some planes.
 The conditions were optimum and I think any DS pilot could have up'ed his
PB a few notches and Iam sure that some of the real good DS guys out there
with a good plane might have been even able to go faster than I did:)

Thanks,Gary Legerton