From: Robert Peck
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 6:19 PM
Subject: [RCSE] Parts, Parts, Whos got the parts???

    We hear allot on the exchange about pilots with broken aircraft not
being able to get parts. With one at a time hand made AC this will always be
somewhat of a problem, enough of a problem that the unfortunate souls with
broke planes is willing to buy used or repairable parts. Or wait for god
only knows how long for new parts. Old story I know. And the cry from the
builders camp is "Build it, bag it yourself and its no problem."........"No,
I don't have time to build, I don't have space to build, I don't have the
patients or talent to build and there isn't anyone in my club that is able
to either." Does that cover everything?

    The question is....." I'm getting ready to plop down ~ $1000 on a molded
model and I would like to know who has had good dealings with what importers
or domestic manufactures. Reasonable parts availability, say 6 to 8 weeks
out or am I just dreaming? It should be a deciding factor. [EMAIL PROTECTED] happens."

Bob