Hey, anyone have a piece of really hard straight 5/16" steel rod they can
sell me?  It needs to be at least 11 inches long for my new Duck.(old Duck
kit) Maybe it's a Disco Duck!  ( an 80's term)

You can get 5/16" ejector pin for Dixie, and cut the head of with a rotary tool. http://www.dixiepins.com/products/ej_pins_chart.htm I grind and polish the ends round for easy insertion.

Ejector pins come in lengths from 4" to 14", though 36" can be had from
some sources.  Make sure to keep in mind the loss in length from cutting
the head off.  They have a hardened core and an even harder nitrided
surface that resists wear and corrosion.  You'll probably never manage
to permanently set a bend in one.

McMaster-Carr also sells them, but for a premium:
  http://www.mcmaster.com/

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada