Hi Guys,

One big problem with moldies is getting replacement wings.  And many of the damaged ones out there just have a good notch in the leading edges.

Fixing them can be a huge chore...but they could be fixed on the field IF...we had 'wing skin cap patches'.  That means this:

Lets say the suppliers offered 'bandaides' for our molded wings. that is just the skin from the spar forward down to the seam, and the same for the bottom.

You could litterally lay a piece of skin over the damage, with some CA or resin and be flying again in a half hour,and have a plane still competing till a new panel showed up to make our moldies look good again.

So the next best thing is this: don't throw damaged wings away if they have some good skin sections that might be used as patches if they were stripped away carefully.

Offer up those panel on the RCSE for some fair price and the buyer can take his best shot at using them.  The strength is in the spar and if the damage is there or beyond probably its not worth fixing, unless you are up to a more intricate challenge.

A lot of good skin grafs have been dumped in the garbage.:-(

So lets recycle and keep each other flying!

Gordy