I have read "Spitfires, Thunderbolts and Warm Beer". It's an interesting historical perspective on the Battle of Britain. "Skunk Works" was more interesting. Kelly Johnson worked a fair bit of magic and this book tells the story well. If you liked those, you may enjoy "Bogeys and Bandits" by Robert Gandt.

-Ben

Bill Swingle wrote:

I really liked "Fate is the Hunter" by Robert Gant. I found it to be a great read. Strangely enough, though I liked it a lot, two close friends of mine didn't like it. Your mileage may vary.

Also, I liked "Whistling Death" by Boone Guyton. Great illustration of the test pilot's difficulties. Also, a good read.

Another, which I haven't yet read but intend to: "Spitfires, Thunderbolts and Warm Beer" by Philip Caine.

Another, also intended by not yet read: "Skunk Works" by Leo Ben R./Janos Rich.

Bill Swingle Janesville, CA