I have flown my Elita for about 10 times on the slope and I am still
in the process of testing different setups and ballast weight so no
final conclusion can be drawn at this stage. It is slower than my
Pike WR but it may not be a fair comparison as I have a lot more
flying hours with my Pike.  It is expected that further fine-tuning
will narrow down the performance gap.

Having said that, I am quite certain that the Elita doesn't like
heavy ballast. Under good lift conditions, my Pike is quite happy
with full ballast ( about 1 kg ) but putting such a weight on the
Elita will result in tremendous energy loss in tight turns. 500g
seems to work quite well for the model. Such characteristic seems to
indicate that the airfoil of the Elita, which exhibits some reflex at
the trailing edge, is designed to work in a very narrow range of CL
and the drag will increase tremendously if the range is exceeded. For
me, it's not an easy plane to fly but I like the challenge.

That's all I can tell at the moment and I look forward to hearing the
experience of  other Elita owners.

Y C Lui

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Michael Conte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Has anyone on the list flown the Elita from Jaro Muller?  If so,
what did
> you think?  I found a website that mentioned a possible cross tail
version.
> Is there any truth to that?  As always, thank you.
>
> Mike Conte
> Far away from home
>
> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.
Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off.