The flying house analogy again ? come on Gordy, you are better than
that! The followings popped up in my mind when I read about this rain
drop theory :

1) The tiny pits molded onto the surface of golf balls are supposed
to reduce the separation of air flow and hence reduce the drag of the
ball. Will rain drops on the wing surface actually improve the
performance of the model ?

2) Some free flight models have got saw-toothed leading edges on
their wings, a feature that is designed to make the air flow
turbulent and delay the onset of flow separation or stall. I am
wondering whether rain drops will do the same good .

I seldom fly in rainy days but even if I do, my fingers are always
the prime source of troubles and what I worry most about .

Y C Lui