Now where was it that I said that battery pack capacities weren't measured in A/Hr??? ;-)

Rick

At 02:17 PM 2/12/2004, Simon Van Leeuwen wrote:
uhhh, I have to disagree Rick. Ben and Bill rightly point out battery capacity is measured in A/Hr.

Rick Eckel wrote:

You might want to rethink that Simon.

A 4-1000mah cell pack is nominally 4.8 watt/hours. The 5-1000mah cell pack is nominally 6.0 watt/hours. Clearly the 5 cell pack has more power.

It is unclear to me why the 5 cell pack wears down quicker.
Simplistically with a pure resistive load Ohm's law would explain it.
The receiver and servos present a bit more complicated load.....
Motors use less current at higher voltage to drive a given load.
Except for minor efficiency effects the motor uses the same amount of power.

However I'm willing to accept that a 5 cell pack will be used up faster in a given system based on the user experience reported here.

Hope this helps
Rick