This was a contest...

It's amazing how exhausted one can get towards the end of an event like this.
Look for great stories from folks after they have recouperated.

Here are some I believe worth commenting on as time permits:

- weather (the awesome storm cell that spawned a tornado)
- flying conditions (pilots/spotters were more than a little perplexed at the
hourly changes)
- Australian woes/antics (tree landings, free flight experiment, catastrophic
damage, hospital stays, makeshift boating, speedos(!), the front sidewalk at
the lodge, etc).
- lost aircraft (wind and thermals, and remaining with lift until you can't see
your aircraft or make it back - we are still searching for an Esprit)
- Camaraderie (this requires no explanation, - one could go on and on and on.
Well maybe we should explain Carl <grin>).
- Michelle Goodrum from RSA (only female pilot - her team woes locating lost
aircraft during transit with happy ending. Probably the longest travel log to
get to Red Deer. Check out Chris's scores).
- Line length (Joe's measured 10 meters short early on - our Canadain team
measured(!) just under a foot after 3rd fly-off)
- Tow equipment/Technique (ran the gammot)
- rules (funny how folks complain, only to agree enmass that the current set
are fine)
-Team Turkey (last place in Finland, second here in Canada)
-Japanese DLG's (incredible - a mear 76g AUW with excellent height from launch)
- juniors and their performance (some potent pilots I assure you).
-how to get more folks doing what we just did for 8 days straight...