I'll contribute the Skip Miller "I ain't got it" procedure which I have
successfully used.  Slowly pull and hold full up elevator - the plane will
typically start looping and flopping about the sky giving lots of different
angles and reflections of the plane.  It also does not come down too fast.

Try it out when you can see the plane to see the behavior.
FWIW - Jim Monaco