From: Andrew E Mileski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 1:26 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Dual Rate / Exponential

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Got a bit of a debate going locally on the merits of dual rate and
> exponential.
>
> For the record, I use negative exponential for ailerons on launch and
> when working real light thermals. My normal control authority is fast
so
> this helps with over controlling in touchy situations. I'm told this
is
> wimping out but it seems to work for me.

I normally put expo (reduce throw) on the low rate, and linear on the
high.  Both with full travel.  I find most planes are more responsive
than my thumbs are precise, hence I mostly use the low rate,  On my
customized Zagi, I use a HEFTY amount of expo to compensate for its
sensitivity and higher speed.

This is another one of those "do whatever works for you" topics.

--
Andrew E. Mileski

RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.  Send "subscribe"