I have been using Volz servos exclusively for flaps and ailerons since 1996 without ever having a failure. Now Volz has discontinued the servos that have given me such good service for so long and replaced them with digital servos and a much higher price. My question is why digital? What do they have to offer for my style flying? I fly only AMA thermal soaring and do not fly F3B, slope, dynamic soaring, or any other high speed flying. I don't even make high speed dives from thermals or make high speed flybys. I can see no advantage for digital servos other than they cost more, run hotter, and have higher power consumption. What am I missing?

Chuck Anderson