From: James V. Bacus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2004 6:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [RCSE] RE: Did you hear? No skegs at Visalia this year!

CD Tom Kallevang has had the no skeg rule at every Fred Fredrickson memorial contest that has ever been (OVSS stop in Chicago), I think that is at least 5 years now.  We use a FAI tape.

No bruised shins, no dented leading edges, guys control their landings and get the points.  The same guys that score high with skegs and 1" tapes score high without skegs on a FAI tape.

It's simple, and it works.

TK is always thinking far ahead, and you guys are going to be surprised at the format next year.  It's not my idea, and not for me to talk about yet, but I like it a lot.