I too love flying wings, my 2-meter klingberg is decorated to resemble the
YB-49. Got the 100-inch Klingberg still NIB, unbuilt, I was scared to start on
it with my mediocre building skills, and i really *need*  days in a row of
"quiet time" to work undisturbed on sheeting, glassing, etc. which my kids and job
do NOT allow... (sigh) if i could find a guy in central Illinois who would
build it out for me, for an unreasonably low sum, i could get around to FLYING
it....

Meanwhile, the conventional wisdom seems to be you can't launch flying wings
as high as conventional tailed designs, assuming identical conditions. The
reason is the high alpha (angle of attack) in a histart or winch launch requires
you to crank in so much up-elevon, you ruin the efficiency of the wing's
airfoil. Other "articles of faith" include sloppy yaw control unless you add some
vertical surfaces, winglets, etc. (which was the Achilles heel of the YB-49,
even with a state of the art Sperry autopilot yaw damper, it wobbled too much
for accurate bombing or recon photo-taking, despite it's other advantages) and
that deltas, at least, lose lots of energy in banked turns, which means less
efficient thermal circling.  For my money, a flying wing can loop in almost it's
own length, good enough for me.

Are they aerodynamically slick and efficient, with low wing loading for their
size/ Youbetcha.  At least, at a certain speed range and CG. My 100-inch
Klingberg came with an in-flight adjustable CG so you could always have the proper
trim for every speed, and not need to create extra elevon drag.

If you want to find out much more about flying wings, Bill and Bunny Khulman
have (still?) a magazine and web site, called B2 Streamlines, I believe. Try
them.

I am obsessed with flying wings for just one reason: they look COOL! And
that's reason enough for me;-)