At 10:27 PM 10/5/04, you wrote:
Eddie,

Go to www.yntdesign.com, mouse over the menu to Electronics, then select the
Lo-Lo. This will bring you to a page with a write-up by Jim Bacus that has
some data graphs, etc. Looks like he was doing right at 600' on launch.

-Sheldon-

Guys .... I asked the question to get an idea how much better launch I might get
when I get the new 1.3mm dia stretchy line that we will be getting next week.
I'm currently using 1.4mm 175lb line, I believe that the new line is 200lb.

At the moment I'm getting 250m + on launch but I'm flying against some of the top
pilots who get 320m+ ... that's 1050ft in your language.
I'm hoping for an immediate 30m improvement.

We use FAI equipment here in Australia in all our competitions, but it is interesting
what other people are doing.

We have spent a few weeks now practicing launching and setting up the trailing edge
of the wing to get the best height and also modifying the way we launch.

It's quite obvious that you need to launch so that the model is in a climbing attitude
right out of the hand so that no line is wasted getting the model to rotate.

I achieved a number of better launches this past weekend but I haven't down loaded
them from the LoLo as yet.

The Eagle