Marc posted some interesting numbers for OVSS. I got to looking at Visalia
for the past few years. Here are the open - total entries (open + RES or
nostalgia + 2M) for Visalia since 1996:

1996 - 185 / 220
1997 - 185 / 213
1998 - 187 / 242
1999 - 181 / 230
2000 - 207 / 217
2001 - 201 / 262
2002 - 214 / 264
2003 - No Data
2004 - 175 / 247

Seems to me that with a little wiggle (and counting error) that at least
Visalia is holding relatively steady for the past 9 years. Open dropped this
year, but RES had 50% more pilots than in 2002 (40 in 2002, 60 this year).

Given that gas is nearly $2.40 a gallon now here in SOCAL I am amazed that
people still travel as much as they do!!

Just thought it was interesting.