Ok, so while I'm shopping for my grandson's Christmas gift, in Wal-Mart
I find this truly excellent 1/18th static scale model of one of my favorite
WWII planes, the FW-190-D.  Beautifully done with correct markings and
correctly garbed pilot figure.  So, I examine the box and find there's a
series including a razor-back Thunderbolt P-47, a Spitfire, and a P-38
Lightning.  BTW, the models are made in China.  Now, these replicas are sold
at Wal-Mart under the Motorworks label.  Upon closer inspection I discovered
that Motorworks is a subsidiary of Wal-Mart.  On the box it says the
Thunderbolt appears under license from Republic Aviation but there's no
mention of a license for the P-38.    After the recent Aerotech incident, I
found this interesting.
                Jim Deck