On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 02:59:53PM -0500, Ron Kramer wrote:

| I keep seeing this ad - looks to good to be true? so is it? would be nice at
| the field. But 800 degree's from a little battery? Is this for real?   Cold
| Heat Soldering gun?

It is (too good to be true.)

They just don't work that well.  I tried one and was not impressed,
and looking around, it looks like I'm not the only one --

   http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/4623

Instead, just get a butane soldering iron.  They work nicely and are
just as portable.

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If you have trouble sounding condescending, find a unix user to show you