Hadicapping the plane is a waste.  It's like determining a golf handicap
based on the choice of ball.

You need to handicap the pilot.  To ttruly level the playing field based
on models, get several like models, such as Aspires or Spirits, fit them
out and let all pilots fly from this model pool.  No one is to use the
same model twice in a contest.  You'll see that the top pilots win just
about every time.

At a club contest earlier this year, one of our experts, Luther Mitchell,
damaged his Super-V two meter on the next to last landing.  I urged him to
use my Aspire and finish his flights.  He did and easily maxxed out and
won the Expert Two-meter event that day.  I never did max out the wame
plane in the Sportsman contest that day.

It's more than the plane.....

.........bc    AG4YQ  Williamsburg, VA