I had a damaged wing via FedEx Ground that was very well packed. They initially denied the claim. I wrote a letter, explained the nature of the contents, that they are strong if not mishandled, and argued that the box had clearly been abused. You might note the crush strength listed on the box if it's there. If the guy on the receiving can take some pixs, that might help.

I can't remember if it took one or two letters to get payment. I agree to continue to not take no for an answer, if/when refused, simply explain that this is not acceptable and ask who you should speak to next. Might take awhile, don't get discouraged yet.

Barry