NO! You would take your 4 coins on one side and put something close to what you want it can be any amount. Than Balance it on a point that both sides are are now balanced. The stick may only have 3inches where the resin is and 10inchs where the coins are. You just find where it balances. Than you add the one more coin and add the hardner till it balances again at that same balance point. You will have the 4 parts Resin and 1 part Hardner in the cup.
Just try putting 4 quarters on one side and 4 pennys on the other side balance it than add the quarter to the quarter and penny to the penny side and it will balance.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Harley Michaelis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Larry Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 22, 2005 8:41 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Mold Help?

Hi Larry. . .I think you have something here, but it needs some clarification, starting with "Let's say you want to mix up 7 ounces of resin and hardener and at a ratio of 4 parts resin and 1 part hardener by weight. Here is what you do".

Having made the beam and the cup setup,
I gather that you'd first determine what 5 of some coin, nut, bolt ,etc. of equal denomination or size would weigh 7 oz. You'd then pour (pore?) out enough resin to equal 4 of them in weight, add one more coin, etc and add hardener to equal the 5.

Is that the gist of the thing?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>