Building a new woodie RES and this time I want to reinforce the top and
bottom spars with carbon fiber. I've been looking over the CST and Aerospace
Composite Products web sites ending up with more questions than answers. I
know I should use unidirectional carbon fiber, but what's easier to use:
tapes or tow? What thicknesses are recommended? I don't have a vacuum
bagging system, so I'll have to use old fashion phone books to weight the
stuff while the epoxy dries. I did find an informational article by Bob
Vixie which helped out a lot, but he didn't talk about thicknesses. Anyway,
what does everybody recommend out there.

Wes Gibson
AMA 607029
LSF 7533