Actually I have not, but something I would like to give a try sometime.  On a really windy day I can get a LONG auto out of my Hawk.  Autos are just plain fun, I guess years of soaring run deep.

I recall years ago Dodgson used to talk about someone using a Pivot (pitcheron) to do autos on the slope.

Kristopher
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2005 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] Off Topic - Auto-ing helis, was Planes for sale

Kristopher

Have you ever tried auto-ing a heli into slope lift? You'd be amazed, just make sure your idle is reliable 'cause you can auto as long as you like and it's difficult to finish the auto onto the ground once you've stopped in lift.

      Dan
Kyosho Concept SRX heli ---- And yes its glider related, this thing autos
great.