On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 12:52:53PM -0500, DAN KITCHING wrote:

|    Have  you ever tried auto-ing a heli into slope lift? You'd be amazed,
|    just  make  sure  your idle is reliable 'cause you can auto as long as
|    you  like  and  it's difficult to finish the auto onto the ground once
|    you've stopped in lift.

One time when I was out at the slope, a guy showed up with a slope
_helicopter_.  It was basically a helicopter with no engine.

I'm not sure if that makes it an autogyro rather than a helicopter or
not -- most of the autogyros I've seen had standard airplane tails,
but this plane was basically a helicopter with no engine.  Though it
wasn't just a helicopter where the engine was removed -- apparantly he
used a lot of helicopter parts to make it, but it was definately made
to be a helicopter sloper.

Alas, he didn't fly it that day, and I haven't seen him back again ...

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Roses are red;                    I'm schizophrenic,