Interesting how you guys on that side of the world DS while on the front side or bottom of the hill instead of the top. Years ago, I stood down there while a plane was in the 175+ (mph) range. Terrifying! This is the area of most exposure should something go wrong. Looking back on it, I would never stand down there again with a plane at speed.

But looking and Jo's video, I can also tell that the Opus is not wound up much at all. I've seen them go much faster than that, so I know it is no where near it's structural limit. And I also know that Jo's skill level can easily handle a plane at that speed so the chances of a crash are pretty small. I would guess that the layout of the hill limits you to DSing there instead of the top?

Randy Bullard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jo Grini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 9:58 AM
Subject: [RCSE] Re: Soaring V1 #5040

I cant talk about the EVO synth or the synth Rx they sell. But I have 345hours of flying on my EVO 9 crystal version and talk on the phone all the time.
I even fly light DS while talking on the phone: http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/video/ds_phone.wmv (1,2mb short .wmv movie)
And since we are talking about flying / driving I even fly and operate the camera with the left hand....
http://www.workflow.as/jogrini/video/opus_slow_backside.wmv (4,5mb .wmv)