Dan Kitching wrote:
Hi Arne,

Maybe I missed an earlier post of yours, but pray tell, what is this mysterious compressor of yours?

I'm considering a purchase of a 1/3hp Embraco compressor (refrigerator compressor) to serve double duty as a quiet compressor for my airbrushing and as a vacuum pump for bagging stuff. I can get them here in Canada for $150 brand new. If it'll work, the price is right !!!

FWIW ...

I have Gast two-stage rocking piston vacuum pump (SAA-V114-NQ).
  http://isoar.ca/~andrewm/rc/images/saa-v114-nq.jp
Rated for 29 inHg.  I like high vac for laminating CF on on wooden
spars.

Got it new-in-box on E-Bay for $90 USD (retails for about $350 USD).

Lots of deals on E-Bay.  Search for: (vacuum,pump) gast

--
Andrew E. Mileski
Ottawa, Canada