I can tell you that it WOULD make a difference. 2 years ago when JW came to town (love the sound of that)... we were in a round where both of us made probably 5 minutes.. The air had gotten really cold in the middle of the rounds.... Heavy Overcast... it cleared ... We wound up with 1000s or close to it.. but it would have changed the order heavily.. since the earlier groups had great air In Muncie the air can change that drastically... The air comes from town and overbuilds... So you are left with some real big sink cycles... MOM normalizes that. DP has said the air in Muncie is harder than CA. He said it is a landing contest usually in Visalia.. While it is usually a flying contest in Muncie.. The last round this past year was the same... The earlier groups had fantastic air, and the last 2 or 3 had nothing. Or some had some serious rain.... MOM works. And Muncie can challenge even the Westerners...

As far as 2 Meters against open ships,it might not be that fair a game. In questionable air an open might be expected to do 6 minutes while a 2 meter 4-5 minutes Wingspan matters... So a guy would be hard pressed to score a 1000 in a group where only 1 or 2 guys are flying 2 meters... Let's keep it fair. I wouldn't mind seeing 2 meter go..

I think it was Phil Lontz who said to me Friends don't let friends fly 2 meter... I am sure it came from many mouths
I used to love 2M... but now I know better.