All this discussion beating up 2M is really unfortunate. If this string of
thought were carried to the logical extreme, the few that can afford it,
would probably all be flying Icon's or whatever is the state of the art
machine at the time and hang the gas bags and "lesser" planes. This attitude
sounds a little elitist to me.

If NASCAR thought the same way, there would be only NEXTEL CUP, no Busch or
Craftsman Truck series races. These other races are good way for drivers to
learn the skills to compete in the top races. 2M is a great way to bring up
flying skills at a reasonable cost for newbie's like me. This year I plan on
flying in the NATS for the first time in 34 years. I will be flying in 2M
and please if you think it "sucks" don't fly. It'll be more fun for the rest
of us. Don't close out the new guys by limiting choices. The sport must
expand or wither and die.

By the way, I like unlimited and RES too. In fact, I just like to fly.

Dennis Hoyle
WMSS (www.rcsoaring..org)
Sec / Treasurer / Web Geek

                               /_\