Yup, mechanical alignment is important for any PnP system to operate to their
potential. I supply instructions and pics to take the guesswork out of the
equation. A little patience goes a long way.

To add validity to plug-and-play systems more and more aircraft manufacturers
are offering this not as an option, but as intergral to the design of the
aircraft. The Pike, NYX, Artemis, and the Icon come to mind.

As John points out, DB9 and DB15HD's have been employed in large scale
sailplanes for years. My 6 meter Ripo DG-800 came stock with them. My 6 meter
Fiber Glasflugal ASW-22 came with them (uninstalled) back in 91'. Keep in mind
that not all DB-style connectors are created equal. The units you get from
Radio Shack are not of high enough quality IMO. There are DB-6/15 which have
pin/socket designs meant for lots of plugging and unplugging. I can supply PN's
if you are rolling your own.

Quoting John Derstine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> EMM supplies all LET models over 1/3.5 scale with factory installed
> pre-wired, pre installed plug and play wing connectors and fuselage wing
> wire harnesses.
> On the out put/input ends, We use heavy duty JR/Graupner wire, add JR
> gold plated servo and rx connectors. Mini Sub D wing to fuse connectors
> have proven very reliable in actual use...
>
> In the field tested by Pete Goldsmith who has flown his LET DG-800s over
> 900 flights at air shows and scale events around the U.S.
>
> In plain English, it is important to locate the plugs for proper strain
> relief, referenced "mechanical" I assume by Simon.
>
> JD
>
> Endless Mountain Models
> http://www.scalesoaring.com

Radius Systems