>I have a question. Do two apposing magnets generate twice the force or should you use a small low weight steal attraction plate? (John and Linda)

Two magnets will grip a lot stronger than a magnet and steel plate. If the magnets are set up so that both poles are used (small horseshoe type) then the grip will be very strong, possibly too strong. (If you overdo it you may have problems pulling the wing off without damaging something.)

Industrial magnets have a mechanism to pry the magnet away from what's attracting it -- you only have to move it a short way to significantely reduce the attraction.

Martin Usher