So what I'm getting from this discussion on the future of R/C transmitters
is Multiplex is out (unless you like the Profi 4000 but even then the
company is not very supportive) and JR is in.  Everything else is not worth
talking about.  Where is Airtronics in all of this?  I used to like my
Airtronics Stylus but that was getting old (heavy).  Futaba's new offering
(14mz) is over the top for me.  I don't like the styling of the Profi 4000 -
too big and pricey.

I do have a Multiplex Royal Evo 12 and like it very much.  There is a strong
following of Evo users on the RCGroups forums.  The global mixers are good
for what I have to fly (when I have the chance to).  I like the ergonomics
of the case and there are no more crevices to get crud stuck in like the
Asian radios.  Despite one of the shortcomings of the Evo (global mixers),
it's all right by me for what I fly.

I will eventually get a JR 9303 because I fly with Ham channels (I've got a
bunch of JR 700 50 MHz receivers from when I had the Stylus) and JR supports
the six meter frequencies - when they can supply it (I have a JR 9303 on six
meters backordered for quite a while now).  I know Futaba does six meters,
but I just like JR a little more.  I hope this talk about Multiplex going on
the wayside is just that, just talk.  But I guess the insiders know
otherwise.  I'll wait and see.

In the meantime, I'll just get what is available and affordable for my use
and for this aged R/C hobbyist, I'll not be too concerned what's in or out
today but what is in line with my use, taste, and priorities.

Aloha and best regards,

Al Battad - WH6VE
AMA #506981