I have a serious bad back so I have managed to thin down my toolbox as much
as possible.  I've narrowed it down to 5-min epoxy, CA, ballast, forceps,
scissors, wing root tape and FG reinforced packing tape.  A few small scraps
of plywood and balsa, an assortment of JIS screwdrivers, metric and SAE
Allen wrenches, an ESV, some small pliers, X-Acto knife, sunscreen and a
small injury box with ointment, band aids and the like.  That's all in the
toolbox.  Chargers and similar items are also taken but not specifically in
the toolbox.  If I fly power, I take this box and an additional one with
everything I need to fly glow or gas.  This leaves me with a fairly light
tool box I can haul around by myself.  I rarely fly alone either so what I
didn't bring, by buddies' did.

If I go to an out of town contest or a couple day trip to the slope I'll
pack just about everything from spare servo wire and a butane soldering
iron, to covering tools and scalpels.  I have all my covering tools in a
clear plastic box, as are my extra batteries, radio equipment etc.  I simply
toss the boxes in the back of the truck.  I rarely need anything for myself
due to Murphy's Law of inverse spares that states; "you will only need what
you don't bring and what you do bring is for someone else's repairs."

Finally, I always take my cordless drill and drill bits.  The last out of
town trip I took was my buddies' turn to drive.  He questioned the need for
having to put my drill behind the seat.  I told him I'd used it more than
I'd imagined.  We ended up using it to remove wingrod that had been pushed
it's full length into the wing.  We drilled a pilot hole and stopped the
drill mid-cut so it was stuck in the hole.  I pulled on the drill with the
bit in the rod and it removed the rod far enough so the pilot could remove
it from the wing.