To: "Larry Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: "James V. Bacus" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <soaring@airage.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [RCSE] fuselages & radio range, Antenna Stuff

I think you missed Jame's point. He was refering to his real Chevy Corvette.

However your reference (I believe) is from a remote control car, where you have reduced the length of the OEM antenna. This of course results in loss of range. The same thing occurs if you exceeed the resonant frequency length.

The results (losses) are not as severe as reducing antenna length, but there are losses none-the-less. "Tall" I'll guess refers to the antenna standing vertically in a tube. Again, this is actually superior to what we do in our aircraft, which is to get the antenna element out of the existing GND plane. Make sense now?

Larry Taylor wrote:

How much range did you lose. My son and I try to keep it up and straight when we are racing. Thats the last place you won't to lose control. My son wanted it shorter also. He drove it up and down the block and when he made it shorter he could not go as far as he did before. Now its back to being long and tall.
Larry Taylor KF6JBG
CD for the Visalia Fall Soaring Festival
2005 Oct 1st & 2nd