If you do not mind the antenna exiting the fuselage just behind the wing and
dangling, or being suspended to the vertical fin, all the more power to you. I
would suggest a small grommet be inserted into the hole you drill for the
antenna to prevent chaffing.

Better yet, prove it to yourself by testing both circumstances. Thread it as
best you can within the fuselage and do a range test as I mentioned in a
repeat in precisely the same manner. You could cheat and not drill the hole
until you are satisfied with the results (just route it out under/behind the
wing).

I keep harping on this, but it is "as" important as being motivated to do range
checks in the first place. Make SURE to ALWAYS(!) do any tests in precisely the
same manner every time! Consistency is the only way to achieve meaningful test
data.

Keep in mind that there are some radio systems that will still show adequate
range, within the confines of a CF fuselage, with no antenna extension, and
work just fine to the limits of vision.

You never know until you actually do the testing whether the OEM antenna will
work just fine on it's own...even in a CF fuselage.

The use 100% CF or CF/KEVLAR lay-up in a fuselage is questionable both from a
mechanical and electrical standpoint. I can see KEVLAR's advantages, but I
suspect CF is more a selling feature (meaning little or no merit) versus actual
data that shows it is superior to glass under similar circumstances. The Icon
is an all-glass fuse. I don't hear anyone complaining about breakage and
especially about range issues...