Your information does point to the idea that the S3 has similar smarts to the S&K CRX-M8. The M8 can memorize two same channel signatures, hence the ability to operate as master/slave.

The M8 advertises the full compliment of features, I doubt legally one way or the other there is a need to keep such an important detail (which leads towards safety) would be intentionally left off the spec sheet.

For the record...I unwittingly performed a similar stunt as you 7-8 years ago. I had landed my G-202 and taxied back to the the pits and leaned the TX against the wing LE. I put a propulsion battery in my hotliner, walked out to the flightline, and launched.

I had a couple of hits during the flight, which was unusual. After landing and walking back to the pits I noticed I left my G-202's TX on with the antenna extended.

It was a Stylus, the hotliner was on a Vision, and both are on the same frequency. What helped contribute to the lack of an incident was that both were communicating using FM/PCM (OEM RX's).

After realizing my good fortune I began analyzing the glitches I had encountered. Near as I can figure the flight path to the side of me put the offending TX in a physical position to interfere.

Since then I have repeated the same chain of events, but deliberately. Suffice to say that you do not require a "smart RX" to allow unfettered flight while an offending TX sits idle and operating. In fact, the more difference between the two TX's, the easier it is to duplicate this seemingly impossible feat...with regular RX's ;^)

However, to give some creedence to the new crop of RX's that utilize uprocessor-based algorythms to actively respond only (as best a possible) to it's programmed TX, every little bit helps...