the government (or FOX news) to keep us "well" informed.   The
information is out there – Nightline (ABC), NOW and Frontline (PBS).
It is our responsibility to keep informed.   But research from the
first Gulf war showed that approx 2/3rds of the participants
preferred not to hear disturbing news.    (Why did a majority of
Americans still believe Iraq had WMD on the eve of the elections?)
But here is some good news:
Model Planes May Soar at Former Superfund Sites (The Washington Post)
By Cindy Skrzycki, Page E01, April 05, 2005
What comes to mind when you hear the word Superfund? Nasty, abandoned
toxic waste dumps? An underfunded federal cleanup program? Real
estate that... <http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A26674-
2005Apr4.html> :-)

I am not sure what Harley Michaelis apologized for.   He alerted this
group to a problem we might have been too complacent about. Gas
prices are already $3.00 in some places.   While not historically
high, that could double if the $100 + per barrel (as predicted) is
reached.   Didn't we all become a bit more aware?  Regis

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "JakBQuik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   From
> > the actual Department of Energy website:
>
> The trouble is: we can't trust our government anymore.  Every
single
> government entity has been politicized to parrot the
administration's
> desires.  Especially the DOE.
>

> RCSE-List facilities provided by Model Airplane News.
Send "subscribe" and "unsubscribe" requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Please note that subscribe and unsubscribe messages must be sent in
text only format with MIME turned off.  Email sent from web based
email such as Hotmail and AOL are generally NOT in text format