>Doug McLauren wrote:

>What is it with people taking private emails and replying to them to
>the list?

Sorry, but if you leave the "[RCSE]" subject unchanged, my email program will
list it along with all the other RCSE emails as a part of the relevant
thread. That's one reason the "[RCSE]" is there. I'm not about to carefully
examine the headers of each RCSE email that I receive.

There was no reason for me to expect it anyway. Except for certain special
cases, it's rude to reply with a private email when responding to a public
discussion. Please keep your comments on the list so that we can all share,
and don't impose on someone's limited time by expecting them to type out a
special reply just for you to read.

While I'm on the subject, it's especially rude if you want to argue about
something. I already had to killfile one guy here who started sending me hate
mail recently because I presented an opposing view to his. He wrote in
essence that he was entitled to his opinion but I was not. His irrational
position would never have been viewed as acceptable by other readers here,
but he avoided that problem by emailing me privately.

A public disagreement is a debate, a private disagreement is an argument, and
I very much prefer debate.

Mike
--
Winch Solenoid Safety Buzzer - http://www.vvsss.com/buzzer/