I've also been looking at getting an evo. I'm not sure that the Global mixer's are as big an issue as the JR FUD department (Fear Uncertainty Doubt - a technique perfected to an artform by microsoft) seem keen to portray. As I understand it the global mixers are frameworks for establishing how inputs and outputs are mixed with each other - so things like v-tail, crow, camber control would be set up as a global mixers. The actual percentages and values assigned to each component of the mix are specific to each model.

The Royal Evo tutorial explains the global mixers in detail and is definitely worth reading if your thinking about the EVO.
http://www.multiplexusa.com/Support/manuals/radio/ROYALevo%20TUT.PDF

cheers
Paul