I've been flying with NiMH flight packs since starting in this game (about 5 years ago) with open-class ships. The 1600-ish sized packs seem to be the sweet spot for hydrides with regard to consistent performance. The 2000 and above packs are (I think) pushing the limits of capacity in the AA-form factor and I noted erratic test results with them.

Decided to switch to 5 cell packs for the new ships I'm building and for that the 2/3A cells (1200 MAh in NiMH) are a perfect fit. At a ~350 MA/hr draw for a 6-servo plane, they're still good for 2+ hours of flying with a healthy reserve.

Tom

James R MacLean wrote:

What do you think? Any data / experiences to suggest the better choice?