I've been there too Al! A bungee's life is kinda hard and they don't give
too much warning before letting go. The last time I got hit, the clevis
broke and left a sharp edge. That edge ripped my shirt and drew blood where
it hit me in the gut.

It's worse when a bungee is being used by slopers. They don't take very good
care of the things and they tend to stretch the rubber way too much! Sadly
you tend to stand right "in the gun barrel" while doing it! Guess the
stories about slopers are true. They aren't too smart.

You know Charlie MacMurry of the SF bay area at the time, now Sacramento,
held the BASH record of being smacked the most by bungee's. He was hit by
everybody's bungee.

Bill Swingle
Janesville, CA