Harley:
1) Yes, super simple to put flaps on the throttle stick with elevator compensation. Just follow the tutorial step by step. Super simple. Not sure about trimming flaps with the throttle trim tab. Never bothered to check as there is a dedicated digital flap trim on the radio now. And no, no flipping switches is necessary to get into landing mode.

2) Yes, simple to program rudder->aileron mix. There is a dedicated mix for that. Dual rates are also simple.

3) Can't say about the battery pack. It was about like the 8103. In any case, I switched to a NoBS 2100mAh NiMh pack. Lasts two days of heavy flying.

4) Programming your Genie will be simple. No need for a user guide like Sherman's one for the 8103. Just crack open the manual that comes with the 9303, go through the step by step tutorial for setting up a sailplane and you'll get it. I programmed my Icon in about an hour.

It's a great radio.  Be sure you get the sailplane version.  Good Luck!

--Jim Laurel