$67.50 is HARDLY more than $100. Plus to call a Pelican case a "plastic case" is like calling a Ferrari a "car".

I have a $2,300 TX, so the $67 doesn't really seem like TOO much to protect it. But if the extra $30 is TOO much, then I get it. I have a case that I can throw across the parking lot, run over and then toss it the ocean and me TX will be safe. Clearly NOT worth $67 when for $40 I can buy something that will not protect my case nearly as well. I can use that $37 t pay for repairs!!!!

What am I missing here???

You're missing the fact that most of us don't have $2300 TX's. :) Neither do most of us ever intend to throw our cases across the parking lot, run over it, then toss it in the ocean. I'm having problems seeing that scenario ever happening unintentionally either.

For my $300 TX that mainly makes trips back and forth
from my car, with occasional trips to a soft grassy
field, the $25 case from Lowes is perfect.

Brian