The Rocky Mountain Soaring Association is pleased to announce that we have
been selected as the host site for the 2005 US Team Selection event!

The event will be held August 19-21 at the Scienturfic Sod Farm in Brighton
Colorado, a few miles north of Denver International Airport.

Participants from the last 2 cycles should be receiving this information
along with their ballot for approval of the currently proposed team
selection rules.  This package will also contain registration information
for entering the event with the AMA.  New participants can register for the
event with the AMA by calling Lisa Johnson at (765) 287-1256 x231.

In addition to the AMA registration we are asking all participants to use
the RMSA online registration process on our website.  There is a $10 local
registration fee to cover expenses not reimbursed by the AMA for running
this event.  The RMSA website provides for RMSA registration and you can pay
your local registration fee by paypal or mail.  The RMSA registration allows
us to do advance coordination of frequencies to minimize frequency
conflicts.  In the registration form please put all the frequencies that you
can fly on in order to allow the greatest flexibility in managing
frequencies.  We will attempt to minimize frequency conflicts and will
arrange frequencies so there are no conflicts outside of your team.

The RMSA website also provides a Team Management tool where you can organize
teams for the event.  Please use this tool to enter your teams.  This helps
us plan for field size requirements.  You must register on the RMSA site
before you can create or join a team. The tool allows you to create teams of
2 types, PUBLIC and PRIVATE.  The person who creates the team is the team
manager.  You will create a public team if you are looking for other pilots
to join your team.  Public teams can be joined by any pilot that has
registered.  No intervention is necessary by the team manager.  Private
teams are for teams that know who their members are.  The Team Manager for a
private team creates the team, then as the team pilots register the Team
Manager is allowed to add the registered pilots to their team.  Only the
Team Manager can delete a member from any public or private team. Private
team managers must have the AMA numbers from their pilots to add them to the
team.  If you have any trouble with the team manager application please
contact me.

While I will do my best to help find towers for teams that need them, that
is not my responsibility!  I will be providing a list of available local
towers that you can use on a first come first serve basis.  If that list is
exhausted and there are no more towers available locally it is not MY
problem – so do YOUR best to find the help you need either by self team
towing or bringing your help.

You can find the PDF for the hosting document at
http://www.rmsadenver.com/f3jbid.pdf .  There is a lot of good information
about the resources in the local area in this document.  Feel free to share
it with other pilots interested in attending.

You can find the registration and team management web links at
http://www.rmsadenver.com/f3j-ts.htm

If you lose this direct link, there is a link from the main RMSA web page
http://www.rmsadenver.com <http://www.rmsadenver.com/>

As a shameless plug – there is still time to enter F3J in the Rockies for
May 28-29 at the same venue as the team selections.  This would be the
opportunity to get a little experience at the team selection site….

We look forward to hosting a first class event and selecting the next US
Team.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> .

Good Luck and hope to see you here!

Jim Monaco
President - Rocky Mountain Soaring Association
Denver, CO
http://www.rmsadenver.com