I like Barry's thinking. The majority of line breaks I have seen have been the equipments fault. Even in stiff wind #290 is very hard to break.

It is not that difficult to watch a launch and determine if it is excessive line tension that breaks the line. Usually much after 60 degrees. After 60 degrees, a launch should be flown out. And if the "recovery" launch is more than 45 seconds after last launch a re-flight of the whole group ensues.

Steve Meyer
SOAR
LSF IV