Since the external antenna is back ordered, I only had the unit itself.

The advertised range is 'up to 300 feet' but in fact that is an accurate statement...it is 'possible' for it to work at that but everything has to be just right.

Its real range is about 50' on the field with cars, tents, trees in the its line of sight.

It works GREAT and everyone should own one, but be clear, it is not for checking the general flying site for competing signals...at least not without the external antenna.

There was a guy about half way to the turn arounds on flying an electric and it did not read it, and I was at my truck on the parking area and about 100' away there were TX's on and I was not reading it.

Inspite of all that, pretty much everyone there is ordering one, very tiny and easy to use before you turn on anything else and a nice device to verify your TX synth module dial is reading a 6 not an 8 :-)

Gordy