Well limitations or not, mine saved a plane today. At my power field there was a guy in the air. He was pinned up on 43. There were only 3 of us at the field. My cheap-O channel checker showed only channel 39 lit up. I'm on 18, so no worries.

But I'm sitting there and the third guy at the field goes up and grabs the 39 pin. Now remember, the guy flying is pinned up on 43, but my channel checker shows 39 in use.

I mention this to the guy grabbing the 39 pin. He goes out to the flight line and asks the flying pilot what channel he is on. The pilot say "43". I then ask, "Are you SURE??".

He lands. Checks his module. You guessed it, he WAS on 39 and NOT 43. Had the guy in the pits grabbed the 39 pin and turned on his TX he may well have shot sown a 40% airplane with a 150cc engine in it. He would have been in the right since it was the flying pilot who was pinned up incorrectly. But would that have really mattered if the resulting crash had injured someone or damaged property? Forget about destroying a $7,000 airplane.

So, cheap-O or not. No spectrum analyzing capability or not. And no signal strength ability or not. I am a believer now. ESPECIALLY for the low cost.

So pick nits if you must. I saw this little device save a $7,000 airplane and possibly prevent sever injury or even death.

If it's not worth it to you, I understand. But it is worth it to me.

WEM