On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 06:26:45PM -1000, glide wrote:

| Oops, I meant "sentiment" not sediment <grin>.
| I kind of have the same sediment as Mike.

Sentiment, sediment ... it all falls to the bottom!

| I'm hoping that the synthesizer transmitters will keep most people
| on 72 MHz and the present population of black flag pilots will be in
| the background with just enough support from JR, Futaba, and even
| Sombra Labs (I heard Sombra is coming out with a ham version of the
| Shadow 3).

Well, a true ham could modify a 75, 72 or 40 mHz sythesized module to
work on 50 mHz, and I suspect a few have.  Though with only 10
channels to worry about, carrying 10 crystals is almost practical ...

And in case you didn't notice, the Shadow 1 does the 50, 72 and 75 mHz
bands -- all in the same unit.  That certainly seems to be the best of
all possible worlds, though I'm a little concerned about how good it
is at rejecting strong signals anywhere in that range.

I'd emailed Barry Kennedy at Kennedy Composites asking if I could
still get a Shadow 1, and he said --

   Sorry,

   Shadow 1s are out of production right now. They will resume this
   summer.

This was about a month ago.  Hopefully he's right, though he ought to
know.

--
Doug McLaren, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
She had a deep, throaty, genuine laugh, like that sound a dog makes