> The basic argument always seems to
> come down
> to "It's NOT Multiples and therefore is inferior".

Futaba were careful to build up the hype before launch, so their claims
invite scrutiny. Frankly the discussion on the 14MZ forum bordered on the
hysterical before the system was even launched.

> Wonderful. Show of hands. How many fly more than 3 hours in a day?? I
> never have. I also have an extra pack in case I ever want to.

Lithium means 'high capacity, low self discharge', so one could reasonably
expect high duration, with no worries about leaving it overnight. The
reality does not live up to expectation - three hours on a charge is very
disappointing. It's not enough for a day's slope soaring, let alone a
weekend comp.

On the RF front, the feature set seems a bit odd. A separate WiFi link for
channel selection seems an incredibly complex solution to changing the Rx
channel. I wonder if the *real* purpose of the Wifi link was to use the Rx
as a 'proxy' scanner?... Because of course the 14 MZ lacks an integrated
scanner with RF interlock. Every software controlled synth Tx should have
this, maybe there's a patent issue which prevents Futaba using their own.

I noticed also that the cold-boot startup time is around 30 seconds - I
think some potential purchasers would find this a complete show-stopper.

> Take care. Enjoy your Multiplex as I do my 14MZ.
> The basic argument always seems to
> come down
> to "It's NOT Multiples and therefore is inferior".

Comparison is perfectly valid. It would be nice to hear some constructive
comments from 14MZ owners with some pros and cons, especially if they've
switched from MPX.

Regards
Mike